Re: Java versus Python

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 22:40:45 -0400

I like it as well, since it makes me write code that sighted people
can read. In college, my computer science professors were always on me
about indenting everything. When I started using python, and the
indentation habbits carried into other languages, my professors were
quite happy.
As to most people using c-style languages, I cannot speak for anyone,
but I think this might be due in large part to legacy systems. After
all, if you can find someone who knows c and can keep your system
running, why pay out the extra money to rewrite everything in a newer
language just because it is easier to upkeep? It seems like a good way
to lose money on the investment of rewriting everything.