Re: Java versus Python

  • From: "qubit" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 14:08:57 -0500

which is true -- I never learned it myself, but it has indeed lasted through
decades of negative publicity and prejudice on the part of computer
scientists.  I remember way back in the 80s in school how profs thought it
was a shame that cobol was even taught, and serious students were steered
away from it... All I can say is, there must have been a lot of nonserious
students out there taking the class, and they all got jobs working on legacy
cobol code that lasts forever.
*snicker*
--le