RE: Java books - any good suggestions on learning Java?

  • From: "Sina Bahram" <sbahram@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 09:58:34 -0400

Since java 1.6 has come out, and 1.7 is due to come out soon, java 1.4 is
quite ancient actually. I point this out because in 1.5, generics were
introduced as well as some significant changes to the swing packages.

It can be frustrating, sometimes, to jump versions so just be aware of this.

I believe eclipse uses a 1.5 backend, but it can definitely interoperate
with 1.6 for sure.

Take care,
Sina