Re: Java Programming Environment

  • From: Andreas Stefik <stefika@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 23:22:13 -0600

My team here is also hoping to publicly release a big patch for NetBeans
within a month or so, which should greatly increase its accessibility. It's
not perfect, and there's a lot of kinks/bugs/problems we're still working
out, but it should help quite a bit with accessibility in Java, we hope.

I think Sun will be making an announcement about it once we release --- if I
remember correctly, and it should be available, at least, for Windows, and
"hopefully" macintosh, although getting NetBeans working right with voice
over is, unfortunately, pretty dang complicated, and we may have to push
that back some.

Andreas Stefik, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Computer Science
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville