Re: Java Access Bridge

  • From: james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 15:00:36 -0400

Hi Dennis,
This is getting over my head, so take this with a grain of salt. Do you
have more than one Java virtual machine or run time environment on your
computer? I am not sure, but sometimes, I think when you install Java
programs, they put a new run time or virtual machine on your computer. The
access bridge may not know about them because when you installed it, it
only looked for the ones you had at the time. I'll keep checking to see
what else I find out though.

Thanks.

Jim

James D Homme, Usability Engineering, Highmark Inc.,
james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810

"The difference between those who get what they wish for and those who
don't is action. Therefore, every action you take is a complete
success,regardless of the results." -- Jerrold Mundis
Highmark internal only: For usability and accessibility:
http://highwire.highmark.com/sites/iwov/hwt093/

             "Dennis Brown"
             <DennisTBrown@Com
             cast.net>                                                  To
             Sent by:                  programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             programmingblind-                                          cc
             bounce@freelists.
             org                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Java Access Bridge

             08/20/2008 02:41
             PM

             Please respond to
             programmingblind@
               freelists.org

Hi James,
Did, but no luck.  I installed a second program that required Java, and it
no longer works either with speech.

Thanks,
Dennis Brown