RE: JFW keymap like orca keymap?

  • From: "Chris Hofstader" <chris.hofstader@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 07:13:56 -0400

At FS, we thought about having scripting contests and various prizes in
various categories.  The one problem with a flood of scripts officially
sanctioned by the vendor is that they need to provide support for such and
technical support calls and hours can get very expensive very quickly.
Really shit hot JAWS scripters were always invited to join our private beta
team who all get JAWS for free anyway and I think WE probably has a similar
policy with their beta testers as well.

What I really like about WE "scripting" is that it is more like actual
programming than the JAWS scripting model and the programmer has profoundly
more things available than with JAWS.  Unfortunately, though, I don't know
how many people will take the time to put extra configurations into a
distant #2 product.  If GW had done this about five years ago, much could
have been quite different.