Re: JAWS Scripting And UIA

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 13:09:41 -0400

Thanks Jim: I have used WindowEyes for several years but am thinking of looking
at JAWS. My guess is that the new Visual Studio will need scripting since it is
getting heavily  into WPF, Silverlight and other stuff that I question how
accessible the new stuff will be without some scripting help. I don't know
where WindowEyes is going with the new Accessibility standards and scripting
but have read that at least some of the Visual Studio features work with JAWS
11, although I am not sure about the current JAWS Scripts and all that jazz. I
am just looking into what might be required going forward. Windows 7? WPF?
Ado.net Entity Modeling or MVC? and a bunch of other things like Silverlight,
html5 and CSS3  that might  pose problems for certain Screen Reader
accessibility hooking and scripting implementations, used by JAWS and
WindowEyes current flavors.Just a thought before I consider picking a screen
reader, operating system and development platform for the next few years of
Windows Programming and Web Development.
Rick USA