JAWS Script Exchange, a bug?

  • From: "Bryan Garaventa" <bgaraventa11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 14:48:33 -0800

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but hopefully there is a way to get around it.

When you create a script installer, and the ScriptInstaller.exe is generated,
the scripts install correctly as usual.

However, if you provide the installer as a web download, and someone renames
the installer to something that makes more sense to the user, (such as
ScriptName.exe), an error occurs during the installation, and the scripts
cannot be installed.

So far, I've had to warn people who are downloading the installer to not rename
the file, which doesn't seem like the best solution.

Any ideas why it is doing this?

Thanks,

Bryan