Re: Is linex better than Windows? was Re: JFW keymap like orca keymap?

  • From: Daniel Dalton <d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 21:59:23 +1000 (EST)

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008, Octavian Rasnita wrote:

Sorry but I think it is much easier to use Windows than to pipe the errors to the text files, then read them there and try to understand what they say,

Really, I couldn't say "windows" is "accessible" out of the box...
I can't even install it since there is no accessible installation, and then I must download jaws or whatever and install that...
And you can't even build from source?
If you were smart enough you could probably put together some scripts to get all the libs, update them and build and install your screenreader...

Usually, however, this isn't an issue since the screenreader is in the repo, but you still probably would like to build from source to get the latest stuff...

And those errors also don't use to give any hints about where we could find the wanted libs, so we need to search with Google for them, and hope they

No, you just need to learn how to use the search function of your package manager. It will usually have all the libs if not the readme should tell you where to go.

will be ok and that the new lib versions won't break the compatibility with other apps.

That's the point of the "package manager"

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
<d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>