Re: Is linex better than Windows? was Re: JFW keymap like orca keymap?

  • From: Daniel Dalton <d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 20:10:38 +1000 (EST)

From: "Daniel Dalton" <d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
OK, well I don't drive, but I see your point. I take that "to bad" back and I'll say "Linux is a fantastic OS since it has lots of documentation

You are nice. :-)

Its really 100% true...

Yes, but they are the ones that want to explor and have a better experience...

Well, I also want to have a better experience, but I don't have the time for experiments, so I prefer to let other persons to make experimentations, and

So if we all had that aditude we would all be on windows and linux would go no where...

How often does windows crash or ask me a stupid question?

Not very often. Windows XP is not Windows 98...

I don't care about all the "new and improved versions" they are all bad and they all ask stupid questions.
Why give me a "ok button" and tell me to reboot?
Might as well do it if I have no other option?
Why do I have to reboot for most software installations to work?
How stupid is that?
What if I have some important background tasks running?

It still asks me dumb questions and you must admit that?

Linux also create such problems.

Its usually the user I have found.

Aren't you a programmer?
Don't you like trying out latest bug fixes and new features instead of waiting?

For some things like the perl modules yes, but for the OS... I can do the Windows updates, but I had never updated the Linux kernel...

Well you should, its in the repo...
Maybe not the latest version, but a later version...

What if I want to do more advance things? Like I'm not sure, but say set up a network share or perhaps configure my firewall or test it.

These can be done by beginners under Windows.

Not all the time...
What is the point of documentation then?
Why do windows users have questions still?

How about ssh or doing some advanced stuff in apps.

The Windows users don't really like with SSH.

Right so they can only do the basics?

what about editing configuration files?

And this neither.

My point. Docs are required for everything...

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
<d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>