Re: Is it possible to do iPhone programming while completely blind?

  • From: Dave <davidct1209@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 21:08:55 -0700

One word...yes.

Like Ken said, the wysiwyg way through interface builder to layout
interfaces isn't accessible.  Once an interface is layed out though,
you can do the work to hook up handlers for various events.

You can also dig in deeper and build in the interfaces by scratch.
This actually isn't so bad.  In fact, before they released an official
SDK, this was the only way to do it.  There's even books that came out
before IB support that show you how to do this.  Ultimately, as a
blind guy, you'd be best off trying to lay out interfaces this way.
You can get a *really* good sense of how it looks by just using
VoiceOver and touching the controls you create.