RE: Is it possible to do iPhone programming while completely blind?

  • From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 00:03:15 -0400

This is not the case on the Android.

Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of black ares
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 11:43 PM
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Is it possible to do iPhone programming while completely blind?

Ken,
Beeing realistic you know that we can not do prety UI.
Ok, we can, where the accessibility permits, at least build an interface
where controls are not one on top of another.
But from here to the point where you can sell something with an UI build by
a blind, it is a long long way.
Because even in the most accessible envirnoment, we are not able to know how

to combine colors to do a preety look, how to combine some efects on that
color to optain a metal looking or a wood looking, even we are not able to
build a well proportioned UI, some controls will be or too big or too small
in raport with others on the same page.
Also the arangement of the controls is important and even using the best
layouts predefined in the environment you can not achieve something preety
good.
For this reason I always let someone sighted to do interfaces.
How ever they do them faster than me.