RE: Is Visual C++ Accessible - Was: C++ and I are getting divorced.

  • From: Øyvind Lode <oyvind.lode@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 23:35:21 +0200

Well said Bill!
Personally I don't like the Visual Studio IDE though.
VS C++ 2008 don't like C so to hell with it!
I just tried it again and yes I selected General and General empty project
when I created the project.
Then I typed in the code editor:

#include <stdio.h>

int main()
{
  printf("Hello World!\n");
  return 0;
}

But now way.
As soon as I type the closing brace VS deletes it...

I'm starting to think that maybe the Express Edition don't support ANSI-C.
Anyway I'm currently much happier to do my coding in EdSharp and manually
compile with GCC.