RE: Is Visual C++ Accessible - Was: C++ and I are getting divorced.

  • From: Øyvind Lode <oyvind.lode@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 19:49:01 +0200

I'm using the text editor and command line approach.
I tried Visual C++ 2008 but that damn thing did not like my ANSI-C code at
all.
It also refused to accept standard ANSI C++.
So I gave up and use GCC from the command line.

How hard is it to setup VS C++ to compile ANSI-C instead of C++.NET or
whatever is the default.
I read that VS C++ supports ANSI-C and ANSI C++ but I could not figure out
how to set it up.
I tried standard win32 but no way.

I like the VS code editor since it automatically formats my code and I can
easily run and test my code by just pressing ctrl-f5.