Re: Is NetBeans usable with Jaws?

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 13:00:50 +0100

Hello,
I had a look at what development software is accessible and with what
screen readers. Jaws seems to work with eclipse, but as I remember it
didn't work too wel with netbeans. I don't believe this is due to (or at
least not entirely due to) netbeans being "inaccessible" as dolphin hal
seemed to work better with netbeans than eclipse (except for the one
nasty bug that hal crashed when the code completion kicked in when
entering code). If the code completion could be turned off in netbeans
then it might be a workable solution (although is code completion one of
the advantages of using an IDE).

Michael Whapples