Introduction and using eclipse for java projects

  • From: "Heiko Folkerts" <heiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ProgrammingBlind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 20:39:20 +0200

Hi all,

I am blind software developer working at http://www.david-software.de. So
far I have used Visual C++ 6 through 2012 and coded in C++, Oracle PL/SQL
and PostGreSql PLPGSQL.

I am currently trained to use Eclipse and to contribute in our java projects
which are usually three-tear-Architecture projects - so just not only
eclipse but a bunc of plugins installed.

I know that eclipse is very accessible fort he usual tasks like editing code
and debugging with breakpoints and watching variables.

Do you have any special tipps on using eclipse with NVDA while coding? Has
someone made scripts to anounce breakpoints in a line or read out the
javadoc comment when hitting a method. Sure using next prev annotation and
then F2 will show up the info but making NVDA read this info without special
action would be more efficient.

Any hints will be helpful.

Heiko