Re: Introduction and a question

  • From: "Robert Jaquiss" <rjaquiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 10:02:13 -0600

Hello:

     In answer to the question about text editors, it actually depends on what
you are doing.
I am taking a class in web design and we are using Notepad to edit HTML. I have
also used the ex and vi editors on Linux systems. Jamal Mazrui has a program
called Edsharp. You can go to his LARGE! site:
http://www.empowermentzone.com for more information.

There are also IDEs (Integrated Development Environment) for Java and Visual
Basic. One that has been mentioned is Eclipse. I also use an 80 cell braille
display and it is a life saver when dealing with code. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Robert Jaquiss