Including Text-to-speech in an application.

  • From: Dónal Fitzpatrick <dfitzpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 19:59:11 -0000

Hi there,

I'm trying to write an application in C++ that requires the inclusion of
SAPI.  However, in order to learn how to use it I downloaded the 5.1 SDK
from Microsoft and lo and behold the samples won't compile under visual
studio 2005.  Is there a more up-to-date version of the API I should be
using?  Alternatively, should I go in and modify the header files?  I'm
reluctant to do this as it gives me a non-standard installation.  I note
that there is a 5.3 version of this API available, but this seems to be more
aimed at Vista.

Thanks much

Dónal