Re: In regards to my giving up on programming?

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 00:32:38 -0400

I agree. I think part of it, for me, comes from having such a confused
introduction to programming. I tried to teach myself some cpp, gave
up, and learned html/javascript instead. I then started cpp again, and
the two are extremely different; on the one hand I could just say
var a=4
and on the other hand I had to state
int a=4;
My computer science classes eventually got things sorted out,
though... It comes down to the best course for the individual, I
guess, and how he is being taught.

On 7/3/10, Ken Perry <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The problem with starting with higher level languages is you miss some real
> structure I am not going to go back into the debate.  I have said what I
> think is the best cores and people can take it or leave it.
>

> Ken

>>> park. Lots of pointers, structs and all sorts of weird things that you