Re: How to create/render a relatively usable/accessible GUI in python?

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 10:01:56 -0400

TKinter isn't accessible, at least not on Windows. I would use
WXPython (www.wxpython.org). On Windows, Jamal's LBC module is
incredible (www.empowermentzone.com/pylbc.zip) but I'm not sure if it
is cross-platform. I seem to remember it relying on win32 libraries,
so maybe not. Still, the concepts should get you started.

On 8/25/11, Jacob Kruger <jacobk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok, am quite happy/comfortable with the command line interface have been
> making use of in python, and do also have quite a bit of GUI/interface
> specific information with regard to symbian python, but also just wondering
> if anyone has ideas of how to render something like a simple button,
> textbox, listbox, etc. interface in python that will work across platforms?
>
> For example, while it seems like Tkinter is the primarily used module for
> rendering GUI's, I have now started going through introductory tutorial
> material, and thus far, things like buttons etc. don't get recognised by
> jaws or NVDA as such - unless that's because haven't gotten to the point
> where they really get 'tweaked' too much as of yet, but, still, since don't
> want to carry on trying too much with this if I won't be able to actually
> make use of this aspect of interface implementation/development?
>
> TIA
>
> Jacob Kruger
> Blind Biker
> Skype: BlindZA