Re: How does Jaws know when a menu item is unavailable?

  • From: "inthane" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 19:37:35 -0700

I would say that that should show up in the MSAA or (can't remember the other, newer method's name) [insert name here] of the control, just as when I'm programming I can make it visible or not, and/or make it active or not! active and visible make it a grayed out control, while active but invisible make it a triggerable but unseen option

on any standard control I have used in visual basic, if its visible but inactive its grayed out and jaws has reported it as "unavailable" to me when I test run the application.

this is from a somewhat programmers perspective so hope it helps.

. Moderator, Blind Access Help.
. Owner: Alacorn Computer Enterprises
www.alacorncomputer.com
. proprietor: Inthane's Grab Bag