Re: How Best to Learn Visual Studio

  • From: Alex Midence <alex.midence@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 20:01:41 -0500

Exact link is:
http://www.codeblocks.org/downloads/binaries

You want to make sure you get version 10.05.  Things to remember:

In dialogs, use control tab and not just tab to move through them
Set the view to large icons and text only
The compiler messages are at the bottom of your screen and can be
accessed with the jaws cursor
wx widgets must be installed separately though there's a built in RAD
called wx smith
Run graphics labeler to label the buttons in the rad

That's it, I think.  I've been rather pleased wiht it.  99% of what I
write right now are console applications though so, if you use c++ for
gui, please let me know what you think of it.  This is still far in my
future.

Alex M