Re: Hi Rick

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 03:38:59 -0500

Hi: Well I am not a CSharp programmer but the general technique would be to
either use  a command to pick off a particular number like 2 or 5  or something
or to look in a certain position for a number or letter. I think the vb
substring command might be the one you yould use and there should be something
in CSharp for finding and extracting substrings in CSharp. That is the key word
here, substring since the number is considered a substring of the original
number. If the number is nnumeric then you first convert it  using one of the
convert options like CSTR or another method to converet it to a string, then
you can use the string handling commands to find the individual number.
Rick USA