Re: Getting started with java:tips, ideas, etc?

  • From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 18:05:44 -0600

I don't have an android, so I can't test. I'd rather just learn java while waiting, and it will be useful in other areas as well.

On 3/21/2011 5:10 PM, Ken Perry wrote:

My advice is to get Android working if your thinking of coding for it.  It
is nice to know Java but you can go straight to Android if you have prior
language knowledge which I know you do.  The reason I say go straight to
android is the Intent Action model is different than what you will do in a
regular swing or swt application.  You might as well get used to what you're
going to code in.  So here is what I would do.

Go to the getting started page for Android

It will tell you what to get and how to set it up.  Once you get the simple
hello world app talking then start learning Java.

Ken