Re: Getting started learning VB6

  • From: John G <jglists0@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 13:04:31 +0000

It is worth mentioning that most universities in the so-called developed world wouldn't function without academics educated in the developing world. My own supervisor is one such case in point.

At 12:18 16/02/2011, you wrote:
Hi: There is just no substitute for a quality formal education. Ask the folks who run the Human Resources Department at any major company or government agency. Perhaps overseas this is diferent. I have found the education systems quite diferent here and abroad as well as the hiring practices. Here in the United States there is no question that you need some University level education if you want to get a job with a Major Company where you might be able to work for many years and make a living wage for your family.There always exceptions but they are very, very rare. If you do not live in the U.S. or you think you can make a living contracting at world-wide competitive wages such as in India, Bangladesh, Romainia or other Third World Developing countries then you can go for it. But, if you want a job with GM, Ford, BA, AAA, AA, MERC or any other major company or any Us or State or even Local Government agency you will need some level of formal education. Again there might be an exception to this, especially if you are blind, but it is not likely nor will you find any channels for professional advancement in your career.
Rick USA