Re: Generating wav files with Sapi5 tts

  • From: "Hamid Hamraz" <hhamraz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 12:57:20 +0330

Quentin: What do you mean by spoken text? I think the general problem is to
find a tool which receives a text as input, and converts it to Wave/MP3, using
a synthesizer. Please note that I am not meaning a sound recording utility
which captures the voice of the synthesizer while it is speaking. I mean a
direct text to wave/MP3, which can encode a , for example 20-minute Wave/MP3
file, out of a text using a synthesizer in a few seconds. DJ: am I paraphrasing
your problem correctly?!
BTW, I have found some such tools in internet. Unfortunately none of them are
accessible by Jaws. Is here anybody who can direct us to such tools that are
accessible by screen readers?

Thanks,
Hamid