Re: GW Micro Announces Support for Java Applications

  • From: Jared Wright <wright.jaredm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 01:13:12 -0500

The hardware simulator is part of a software suite that I can using for my computer organization class. I don't know if it itself has a specific name; it's just part of the Software that the book utilizes in the course. The book is "The Elements of Computing Systems" and the URL in my last message directs to the software's area of their website.

I'd be interested to hear how you fair if you do give it a try. My experience with the Access Bridge is that it can in fact do some things, but that its install/uninstall process can be convolluted and confusing. Seems as if there's as many broken installs of the JAB than working ones. For the Window Eyes Java solution's part, installation was very easy, even for the end user who may not be particularly computer savvy. I know for most of this list that's not as arelevant as it might be elsewhere, but it's still important.

Jared

 On 2/15/2009 8:02 PM, Ken Perry wrote:
The thing is there is nothing I have tried with the Jaws one that has not
worked if its installed right the question went to your last statement
though that you could use them so I was wondering what you were using so I
could find out if I could with Jaws.  What hardware simulator was it?

I will fully admit jaws and access bridge is not ideal but it seems to work
on everything I have tried that is not graphical in nature.

Ken