Re: Fw: Development of Qwitter Suspended

  • From: Haden Pike <haden.pike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 18:20:47 -0400

Hi Jamal. We have decided to continue qwitter development. I would recommend against using the source code you downloaded. It has problems like you wouldn't believe. I have fixed a few of these since that code was released.

Haden P.S.
If you would like to follow me on twitter, my screen name is hadenpike

On 9/14/2009 10:25 AM, Jamal Mazrui wrote:
Even though I develop McTwit, I have no problem with others developing
alternate Twitter clients and even using parts of my source code, so I was
sorry to learn about the Qwitter news.  I downloaded the source code and
read all its documentation to see what I could learn from Qwitter and
apply to McTwit.  I have not actually tried the program, but understand
that its benefits include having global access to Twitter rather than
activating a particular application window, and being able to switch among
message lists without replacing the current one (JAWS or Window-Eyes
scripts for McTwit do address these matters to some extent).  I see
benefits for beginners of a simpler interface with less choices -- the
number of choices in McTwit can be overwhelming at first.  I also noticed
that multithreading is used by Qwitter, which could make some aspects more
responsive than McTwit.

Besides these aspects, what other features of Qwitter would folks like to
see in McTwit.  I am not going to radically redesign the McTwit interface
because I think it also has advantages over Qwitter, and the scripts work
well to add features to the current McTwit interface.  If there are
features I can add within the existing McTwit framework, however, I'm open
to suggestions.

Jamal

P.S.  If anyone wants to try the latest McTwit, it is available at
http://EmpowermentZone.com/mtsetup.exe

A portable version has the .zip instead of .exe extension.

---
Haden Pike
Email: haden.pike@xxxxxxxxx