Re: Fruitbasket in Perl and Win32::GUI, OO Style

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 06:52:53 -0400 (EDT)

I also appreciate Inthane's work on this, and suggest that the
distinction between desktop and web languages is not sufficiently
meaningful to be worth doing.  Besides C++ and Assembler for the desktop
and PHP and JavaScript for the web, almost every other language is now
commonly used for both desktop and web programs.  VBNET and C#, for
example, are used to make web sites built with the ASP.NET classes.   I
think the intent of the distinction was good, but in practical terms, it
is no longer a useful, top-level categorization in the project.

Just my opinion after some reflection on this issue.
Jamal