Re: Fruitbasket in Perl and Win32::GUI, OO Style

  • From: Veli-Pekka Tätilä <vtatila@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 00:19:54 +0300

Hi Octavian,
About the Win32::GUi version of Fruit Basket in Perl.
Or maybe I simply missed it, since I only looked at the link names and
read the info blurb mentioning Perl being a server side lang. How
idiomatic code is that, by the way?

I have a bad, in terms of maintenance, habit of trying to code as
Perlishly and concisely I can. So one thing I've gottten lately into OO
Perl are initializing the fields of an object by assigning to a hash
slice. Like this (untested):

@$object{qw|field1 field2|} = (3.14, 42); # whatever.

In stead of using up two precious statements and the deref arrow.

--
With kind regards Veli-Pekka Tätilä (vtatila@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
http://www.student.oulu.fi/~vtatila