Re: Free Microsoft courses on accessible development

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 14:11:25 -0700

No. The steps for that involve burning it to a cd using deepburner or
another cd burning program & selecting the burn image to disk or
similar option. This is because Vinux uses file compression (squashfs)
I believe). Truthfully, u can open the vinux iso to a point w/7zip,
but it just shows squashfs & not the files that are actually there
when the iso is burned.

There is, as 1 lister pointed out, a program called iso recorder by
Alex Feinman that integrates a 'record cd' icon in the windows
explorer context menu & makes burning to a cd very easy. There are
also other tools that emulate a virtual cd-rom drive, such as daemon
tools, etc., on which u can mount an iso w/o burning a disk.