Re: Free Microsoft courses on accessible development

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 13:33:30 -0400 (EDT)

I think I have figured out the problem. The .pdf files are corrupt. Try opening the start page in the root directory of the download after unarchiving it. Try opening any of the links to the PDF files. Hopefully, other file types are OK but I have not verified (other than the initial HTML file).

Jamal

Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 09:36:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: Roopakshi Pathania <r_akshi_tgk@xxxxxxxxx>
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Free Microsoft courses on accessible development

Jamal,

I could suggest you a few more virtual drive emulators or even Iso extractors
since I have played with them
But I suspect that your download is corrupt which is why you have damaged files
(they are damaged right?).
Its a huge download and I'm downloading it now.
Perhaps you need to download it again...?

Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 14:19:04 -0700
From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Free Microsoft courses on accessible
development

It's easy to create a cd from an iso file.
1) Get a cd burning package--I personally use deep
burner from none
other than www.deepburner.com.
2) Open the program & select burn image. Make
certain whatever program
you're using, u don't make a data or audio cd.
3) Add the file to the project--in deep burner. U
do this just by
tabbing to the browse button (it reads ...).
4) Then burn the image to disk.

If u don't really wanna burn the image to disk,
iso's open nicely w/7zip.

HTH, & thanks for the info.

On 3/23/11, Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Microsoft has released a free ISO image of a
CD containing courses on
building accessible applications with
WinForms, WPF, ARIA, and other
technologies at

http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/f/4/1f4c1601-64a5-459e-9e56-d492ad46011f/tools_training_cd.iso

I confess ignorance on how to create a CD from
such a file. Can someone
provide steps using a free program? Would
someone consider posting a zip
archive of the same content? I know it would
be huge, but hopefully
there
is a lot of good material in there.

View the list's information and change your
settings at

Blame the computer--why not? It can't defend
itself & occasionally
might even be the culprit
Jackie McBride
Jaws Scripting training materials: