Re: Fix for console mode Ruby

  • From: "QuentinC" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 16:12:00 +0200

Hello,
In fact that ruby interpreter problem is caused by a strange configuration. I noticed it for jaws 9 but it is probably still the case for jaws 10, 11 and 12.

IF you are looking in the settings directory, you will see a ruby.jcf file. This jaws configurator file has simply set the sleep mode, which tehrefore disable jaws for that particular application. In other words, you just have to open that file and uncheck the sleep mode and it will work again ! (It is in the advanced settings section of the configurator)

I would be happy if somebody could explain me why that strange configuration was made for. I haven't any idea.