RE: Excellent Interview

  • From: "Chris Hofstader" <chris.hofstader@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 13:53:13 -0400

I'm glad you guys enjoyed it as much as I did.  When we did the brief on
behalf of Borland in the Supreme Court case Lotus v. Borland that tried to
claim copyright on a user interface, Knuth was one of our signatories.
Unlike the rest of the group, he had some additional demands we needed to
agree to before he would sign on.  Specifically, all communications
regarding the matter must come to him by email from Stallman and no one else
and, including rms, no one was to call him on the telephone.  As he says in
the interview, he is a strange guy.

cdh