Re: Emacspeak with voxin / alsa buffer underruns.

  • From: Dave <davidct1209@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 08:37:53 -0700

fyi, I resolved this issue by recompiling the speech server and
tinkering with the buffer time.  I made direct edits to atcleci.cpp
which sets low-level hardware parameters using the alsa pcm interface.
 By decreasing the buffer time, size, and period size, the hardware
seems to check the ring buffer more frequently so not as many
utterances are lost and are flushed more often.