EdSharp and 64-Bit?

  • From: Jared Wright <wright.jaredm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 23:53:49 -0500

Is anyone successfully running EdSharp in a 64-bit environment? I'm having major problems around just about every turn with it, despite the fact that its components were extracted to the program files (X86) folder as I'd expect. For example, doing a simple select all, copy on a document throws an ugly error that cripples the system until EdSharp is manually killed through task manager. Invoking most features gets me similar results, although basic viewing and editing of documents does work. It's difficult to get the errors word for word as my screen reader is rendered inoperable until I kill the process. I can have sighted eyes help me document them if desired, but I thought I'd check with the list first on whether or not I should even spend time trying to get EdSharp working in a 64-bit environment or if this is a known limitation with no immediate fix. I know in the past Jamal has mentioned that he hasn't the resources to debug 64-bit issues, but I thought 64-bit Windows can run 32-bit applications (excluding antivirus, drivers, etc.) successfully? Any thoughts or ideas welcome.