Re: EdSharp: Regular Expression Syntax Question

  • From: John G <jglists0@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 21:31:23 +0000

depends on the flavour of regexp implemented in edsharp. The perl variety comes with switches that you'd prepend and append to the regexp, one of which is for including patterns across multiple lines.

Here's what I found via google:
http://www.regular-expressions.info/anchors.html
hth
John

At 20:27 28/01/2011, you wrote:
Hi,
Maybe there's a better way to do this, but I was thinking I'd try something. I want to fake like I'm highlighting content in a book I'm reading. This would be kind of like what a sighted person would do with a highlighter as they read. a print book. Then I want to use the regular expression extracting command to take my notes into another file. Here's my question.

I want to put an XML-like tag around the text, something like <note>
Text goes here.
</note>

When I write the regular expression to grab the text, how do I tell it that my text might span multiple lines?

Thanks.

Jim

Jim Homme,
Usability Services,
Phone: 412-544-1810. Skype: jim.homme
Internal recipients, <http://mysites.highmark.com/personal/lidikki/Blog/default.aspx>Read my accessibility blog. <http://collaborate.highmark.com/COP/technical/accessibility/default.aspx>Discuss accessibility here. <http://collaborate.highmark.com/COP/technical/accessibility/Accessibility%20Wiki/Forms/AllPages.aspx>Accessibility Wiki: Breaking news and accessibility advice

This e-mail and any attachments to it are confidential and are intended solely for use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or distribute this e-mail without the author's prior permission. The views expressed in this e-mail message do not necessarily represent the views of Highmark Inc., its subsidiaries, or affiliates.