Re: EdSharp: Python and Go To Environment Command

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Homme, James" <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, programmingblind <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 13:02:07 -0400

Hi Jim,
I'm copying the list in case others might join or benefit from the discussion.

The error message is probably not being shown because it is quickly printed to the console then disappearing-- you know, that problem. Try running InPy.py from the command line instead, and see what the error message is.

Alternatively try installing a more recent, executable version of InPy from
http://EmpowermentZone.com/InPy.zip

I suggest unarchving into the directory
C:\InPy

Then make sure the GoToEnvironment setting is configured to call that executable.

Please note, however, that InPy.exe is a custom interpreter primarily intended to add Pyton runtime functionality to other distributions. If you already have the standard Python interpreter installed, you will probably find it preferable to stick with it.

Jamal

On 7/27/2011 10:57 AM, Homme, James wrote:
Hi Jamal,

If you are able, can you please help me diagnose an issue I'm having
with this? I don't know how to figure out why it's happening. I have the
Python compiler setting selected. I thought I'd try to use inPy to see
how it might help me, so I typed Control + Shift + G, but no Python
interpreter prompt came up. All I heard was the name of the command, and
I stayed in the editor window. This is with the latest version of
EdSharp and XP Pro.

Thanks.

Jim

Jim Homme,

Usability Services,

Phone: 412-544-1810.

solely for use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient,
you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or distribute this e-mail without
the author's prior permission. The views expressed in this e-mail
message do not necessarily represent the views of Highmark Inc., its
subsidiaries, or affiliates.