Re: Eclipse with Window-Eyes

  • From: Jared Wright <wright.jaredm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 12:24:02 -0400

Eclipse, although written in Java, does not use Swing but wraps the native controls of the operating system. Consequentially, it's quite accessible, but you will need to familiarize yourself with its keyboard shortcuts and general layout, which can be a bit daunting for something as expansive as Eclipse. Someone (Susan maybe?) posted a pretty handy getting started tutorial a couple weeks ago that was not screen reader specific.

On 09/03/2010 12:04 PM, Rasmussen, Lloyd wrote:
Has anyone tried using the Eclipse I D E with Window-Eyes 7.2 or earlier?  Any
major problems?  I may need this for work.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Project Engineer
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress   202-707-0535
http://www.loc.gov/nls
The preceding opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the
Library of Congress, NLS.