Re: Eclipse: Totally Dumb Questions

  • From: "black ares" <matematicianu2003@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 16:44:18 +0300

Eclipse has a simple way to work with compilation.
In Eclipse by default is checked "automatic compile".
That means that, when ever you save a file, eclipse automaticaly compile it.
So, I write code and when I want to compile it, I am using the well know key shortcut ctrl+s to save the curent file. If you prefer you can use the save all option in the file menu to be sure that all resources are synchronised.
After saving, using ctrl+ f7 you will find the problems window.
THat window is an treeview control with two or three nodes.
First top node is called errors
You will open this node if it has childs and will find childs nodes which are, every one, erors.
If you press enter on an error, the editor will be opened on that error.
Also a best thing to use is the quick fix option from the application menu (right click menu).
It offer some options to choose for that error.
I will do a little tutorial to be as a startup for every blind person.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alex Midence" <alex.midence@xxxxxxxxx>