RE: Eclipse Accessibility

  • From: "Macarty, Jay {PBSG}" <Jay.Macarty@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 09:46:21 -0600

Jared,
Yes, I am preparing my first beta for java access to window-Eyes. Since Eclipse
itself is based on SWT, I have found it fairly accessible with Window-Eyes with
one exception. I had some trouble in selecting text for cut/paste or delete in
the code editor pane. Not sure what that is about and it may be specific to my
laptop. I'd say give it a try. I've been doing all the java code for WE4Java
using Eclipse but alternate between using Window-Eyes and JAWS while in Eclipse
itself.