Re: Eclipse

  • From: Vladyslav Kutsenko <kutsenko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 22:16:02 +0200

Susi,

Is there an accessible tutorial for Eclipse? I want to use it for programming
in Java.

I am not aware of any accessible tutorials on eclipse; one could expect many screen shots and explanations like click on .... drag to... and so on which can be found in tutorials about using IDEs. But by exploring the menus of eclipse it's possible to be able in relatively short time to use this tool. I'm using it professionally for some time now. If you have specific questions about configuration, making for example subversion dialogs accessible and so on, don't bother to ask.

Some important configuration options: Window-> preferences->java->editor: folding and hover effects should be deactivated. Have also a look on help->key assist

Vladyslav