RE: Easy install of Visual Studio 2010 Express Editions, and a call for evaluations

  • From: "Rasmussen, Lloyd" <lras@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 10:28:14 -0500

I find it useful to have both Firefox and IE available.  Each has its strengths
with Window-Eyes, depending on the site.  I haven't started using Firefox 4
beta yet; staying with the 3.6 versions.

I haven't always heard the IE8 sound which indicates that the Information Bar
has popped up.  When you hear that sound in IE, try Alt-N, look around and see
if there is something you are supposed to right-click on.  They are trying to
prevent you from running rogue JavaScript, even if it comes from another part
of Microsoft!

Firefox isn't too hard to install.  You have to remember that in FF, ctrl-L
opens a URL and ctrl-O opens a local file.  Other than that, most other
keystrokes are equivalent.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Project Engineer
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress   202-707-0535
http://www.loc.gov/nls
The preceding opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the
Library of Congress, NLS.