Re: Don't do it! wasRe: a virtual computer emulator at giveawayoftheday.com

  • From: "inthaneelf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 11:16:39 -0700

no, it's not, I have been monitoring and downloading stuff from them for over a
month now, and although many of the things I have tried are not readily
accessible, some are to differing degrees, and the site is exactly what it says
it is, it's in fact a great place for those of us who are programming, or
trying to do so, to get great publicity and a clientele for our products.

also, they have a parallel site, game giveaway that promotes a different game
each weekend.

here is the developers page for you folks to take a look at:
For Developers

Giveaway of the day - new opportunity for software developers

Welcome to our unique software distribution initiative, which will provide you
with an easy and risk-free method to build additional user base and spread your
excellent software around the world.

Our initiative includes a complex of different services that will help you in
informing potential customers about your software titles and promote them in a
safe and reliable way.

Our services include:

Software reviews

Advertising

Press-releases service

Direct contact with potential customers through publisher's software available
for downloads, interviews with publishers, and newsletters.

And the last but not least - our Giveaway of the day.

What do these giveaways mean?

Basically, our visitors will be able to download the software product for free,
under specific Terms and Conditions, which limit the software usage to
non-commercial only, and may also limit software updates and technical support.

The software product will be presented in its full functionality, without any
limitations save for those mentioned in Terms and Conditions.

The download link will remain on our web-site for one day (or several days, if
agreed by software publisher), together with the review of the software product
and the information about other products from the software publisher.

The information about Giveaway of the day and the participants of this
initiative will be included in our newsletters and will also be distributed
among our users and our partner sites visitors.

Once the Giveaway for a software product is over, we will continue to advertise
your software products with discounted purchase links and software reviews
after the giveaway day for the given software product.

How exactly does Giveaway of the day benefit you as a software developer and
publisher, what makes it so special and unique?

".Looking at the new users details I think about 70% of the downloads are
businesses in my target market. Far higher than I originally thought. I am in
the process of signing up 4 resellers and have had emails from 13 companies
that are looking at upgrading the free single user for a multi-user version of
goCRM. One wants 30 users!"

Chris Thompson <http://discuss.joelonsoftware.com/default.asp?biz.5.482745.10>,
Midnightstar Technologies Ltd - April 19, 2007

"The success of your concept can be amply demonstrated by my recent experience.
I had a systems crash two days ago and lost my hard drive. In rebuilding the
new one I have already purchased copies of several of the titles I originally
tried here for free. Basically I liked them so much I didn't want to do without
them. So, if any software publishers are reading this, don't be afraid to join
the program - I'd never have made those purchases had I not originally had the
software from this site."

Comment by harry - January 5, 2007

".Your GOTD program is great PR - I've already purchased three of the giveaways
so that I can reinstall them at a later date if needed. Thanks, GOTD team!"

Comment by Chris - December 28, 2006

First and foremost, you have an absolute guarantee that you will be paid for
your software, even when the software is distributed within a special Giveaway
of the day offer. Our company will pay you for your software, thus protecting
you from software piracy.

We guarantee, that the offer will be available for the limited time only,
agreed by our company and software publisher, and the registration offer will
expire once this agreed period is over.

Also, by participating in our initiative, you are guaranteed to have advantage
over your competitors, because your users will be able to receive an extended
trial run of your software for free - something no other download sites offer.

Please note also that participating in Giveaway of the day includes additional
promotion for all of your software titles, thus allowing trial users to get
acknowledged with the whole product line of your company, and, of course,
purchase those products. We will provide you with detailed software reviews
about your products, and those reviews will be placed on our web-site together
with download and purchase links to your web-site, thus allowing your potential
customers to quickly learn more about your software and purchase it right away.

Giveaway of the day provides you with unmatched level of safety, and that's how
we do that:

The software will be provided under custom Terms and Conditions. These Terms
and Conditions may not include software upgrades and free technical support,
thus making the software less useful for people that intend to use the software
for commercial purposes.

The license key will be provided by the custom-built program that will verify
that the giveaway offer is still available on our web-site, and check if the
downloadable file is authentic. Also, this program will verify that the user
agrees to the special Terms and Conditions under which the giveaway software is
distributed.

And, of course, you will be paid by our company for the software you provide as
a Giveaway. There is absolutely nothing to lose and a lot to gain with Giveaway
of the day.

How can you participate?

The preferred method of contacting us is our software submission form, which
can be found at
<http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/for-developers/submit-program/>.

You can also contact us at giveaway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:giveaway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> or give us a call at 1-888-441 06 38.

We will be glad to hear from you!

How do you find out more about Giveaway of the day?

You can contact us at giveaway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:giveaway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> or give us a call at 1-888-441 06 38.
You can also use our contact form </about/contact/>.

Please specify what kind of additional information do you need, or let us know
when you would like our representatives to call you.

  thanks for the concern though, smile,
  inthane
  Subject: a virtual computer emulator at giveawayoftheday.com

  hey folks, would like to know what you think of this one, its available from
www.giveawayoftheday.com today, and must be installed today to be useable, but
could be a goodie?

  no arguments please, just honest opinions, eh?
  here is the rundown:
  April 25, 2008
  The Returnil Virtual System Premium Edition is a powerful virtualization
technology that completely mirrors your actual computer setup and it can create
a virtual storage disk within your PC where you can save documents, data, and
files while using the System Protection feature.

  Returnil virtualization technology clones a computer's System Partition and
boots the PC into this system rather than native Windows, allowing you run your
applications in a completely isolated environment. Hence the session and all
activity, malicious or otherwise, will happen in the virtual environment, not
in the real PC environment. If the PC is attacked or gets infected, all you
need to do is to simply reboot the PC to erase all changes. After reboot, the
system will be restored to its original state, as if nothing ever happened. All
of this without sacrificing computer performance or usability while helping to
reduce technical support intervention and the need for routine maintenance.

  User Rating: Rate It! 300 (83%) 61 (17%)84 comments
  System Requirements: Windows XP/2003 Server/Vista 32-bit; Processor by OS:
XP: 300 MHz; 2003 Server: 750 MHz; Vista: 800 MHz; Memory by OS: XP: 128 MB;
2003 Server: 128 MB; Vista: 512 MB; Hard Disk: 25 MB free HDD space (minimal
configuration)
  Publisher: Returnil
  Homepage: http://www.returnilvirtualsyst...
  File Size: 2.24 MB
  Price: The program is available for $24,95, but it will be free for our
visitors as a time-limited offer.

  ok fire away folks,

  regards,
  inthane
  . For Blind Programming assistance, Information, Useful Programs, and Links
to Jamal Mazrui's Text tutorial packages and Applications, visit me at:
  http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com
  . to be able to view a simple programming project in several programming