Re: Display Hidden Files In XP

  • From: LU OGBE <oluogbe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 08:48:23 +0100

Hi,

Unfortunately I tried all this and it didn't work. However, it gave me an idea which worked.

I went to search for all files and folders and under the advanced option it allowed me run a check to include hidden files and folders. I was then able to delete the files I had been looking for. Thanks for all the advice.

Regards,

LU

From: "The Elf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Display Hidden Files In XP
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 00:02:13 -0700

hmmm, ok, lets try this:
1 open windows explorer by hitting the windows key and E.
2. go down until you highlight the C: drive.
3. hit alt and v for view menu and go to list and make sure its checked, if not enter on it to check it, the menu will close.
4. hit alt and T for tools.
5. go down to folder options and enter on it.
6. control tab to the view tab; tab over to the list of settings and arrow down and make sure it looks like this:
Files and Folders
Automatically search for network folders and printers-ON

Display file size information in folder tips-ON

Display simple folder view in Explorer's Folders list-ON

Display the contents of system folders-ON

Display the full path in the address bar-ON

Display the full path in the title bar-OFF

Do not cache thumbnails-ON

Hidden files and folders

Do not show hidden files and folders-OFF

Show hidden files and folders-ON

Hide extensions for known file types-OFF

Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)-Off

7. then tab over to apply and enter.

8. tab back through to the ok button and hit enter, and you should be good to go.

now open the folder where this file should be and try looking for it.

HTH,

inthane

----- Original Message ----- From: LU OGBE
 From: "The Elf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>