Re: Deploying vb dot net 2005 express Application

  • From: "Ricks Place" <OFBGMail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 06:38:57 -0500

Hi Marv:
Neither have I so can't help much. However, if you build a Winforms Project and want to be able to execute the compiled version you can just do something like add the exe module to the DeskTop as an Icon. Then you can just click on your DeskTop Icon to run your project without being in the Visual Studio environment. The Exe module is in the BIN Folder of your Project. Deploying a Website is another story. You need to have an account with a Internet Provider who will host your Website. Then you will upload the files and folders in the Website Project to a Folder that your Host will provide for you. Those are the things I have done and will help with some detail if you get to the point where you are deploying something. Others might have more experience with deployment since I develop for my own use for the most part.
Rick USA
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marvin Hunkin" <startrekcafe@xxxxxxxxx>