Re: Dang it!! i can't believe it!

  • From: "Dale Leavens" <dleavens@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 22:09:01 -0400

Personally I don't much care about sounds but I do like the idea of an HTML
generator custom designed for audible use with a screen reader. Something as
intuitive to blind users with screen readers as DreamWeaver is for sighted
mousers. Adapting some programmes with the huge special key use learning curve
and mode changing is a double learning event, one for the software the other
for the access.

I would think that a very good thoughtful interface programme would be both
useful and marketable albeit a subset of the screen reader market.

My daughter is a special education teacher of the visually impaired in Calgary.
She is working with one teacher and student taking high school computer courses
and this is exactly a problem they face so there are probably also educational
institutions across the world which would be interested in such a generator as
well.

Dale Leavens, Cochrane Ontario Canada
DLeavens@xxxxxxx
Skype DaleLeavens