.DAT Extension

  • From: LU OGBE <oluogbe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Blind Programming" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 17:54:03 +0100

    Hello,

Apologies if this is off topic. I recently backed up my files on XP Home
Edition using the file transfer wizard. This created a folder of files with a
.dat extension.

I have now upgraded my system to XP pro and cannot use the transfer wizard to
recover these files. The wizard displays an error message saying, "no stored
data in this folder".

I have not been able to find any application to open these files.

I am sure there is something in them because none of the files is less than 1GB
and when I copied the files, the display said "260 files being copied", while
there are only 10 files with the .dat extension.

Please does anyone know how I can retrieve my files? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
LU