Re: Customized Keyboard layout

  • From: Jared Wright <wright.jaredm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 17:50:43 -0400

One possible solution might be setting all that up in AutoHotkey, although I would think there might be an application or other resource devoted specifically to something like that.

JW

Matthew2007 wrote:
Hi all,

Just sitting around grubbing on a burger and wondering if its possible to create a completely customized keyboard layout I can quickly switch to with some sort of hotkey. That is, I want to use my keyboard's keys to represent something other than the letters and numbers they were intended to be used as. Is it possible to let's say, create my own Dvorac type of keyboard layout in order to speed up some of the commands and entries I execute lots. for example, rather than using the numpad, I would like to enter numbers in a text editor using ASDF and JKL;. I would also like to turn some keys into fraction keys. It wouldn't hurt if I could also turn some keys into a much easier way of entering scientific notation. I just want some keys a lot closer in order to execute more efficiently.

thanks,

Matthew