Re: Cross Platform Audio Game Engine

  • From: Christopher <ccoale427@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 11:06:06 -0800

PyGame hardly does any processing (aside from logic which isn't all that intensive). All of the processing is done by SDL which is written in C++.

On 1/12/2011 10:57 AM, Storm Dragon wrote:
Hi,
Some pretty advanced games use Pygame. For example, fretsonfire uses it.
Storm
--
"The sound of evil laughter falls around the world tonight."
DragonForce

> than native C/C++.
>  No, it's not actually. it's compiled down to MSIL, (if I remember
>  correctly), which gets put through JIT.
There also exists jit for python called psyco, PyPy (alternative
implementation of python written itself in python) also has modern JIT
support.
Thing is that jit helps significantly only in number-intensive calculations.

Lex